Applications are now closed
Terms and Conditions of entry:
Preparation of Artworks:
– All entries must be clearly labeled and ready for exhibition. It must include your name, address, contact details title, date, medium, and dimensions.
– There is a limit of one entry per artist
– Artworks must new works in response to the brief
– Entries must be submitted online with:
1. Artist Statement- (1 A4 page maximum)
2. Your CV – (2 A4 pages maximum)
3. Up to 6 photographs (low-resolution/72 dpi) of the finished artwork
– Any images provided by artist can and may be used by the Chippendale New World Art Prize as promotional material on web and social media websites, including Facebook.
– The overall weight and dimensions must allow for easy transportation, and not exceed the carrying capacity of two average persons
– Transportation to and from the gallery is at the cost of the artist.
– De-installation and collection of work must take place at the conclusion of the exhibition no later than Monday 26 May 2014 in time for a new exhibition.
– The Chippendale Creative Precinct and NG Art Gallery are not liable for works that are not collected by this time.
chippendale new world art prize | c/o ng art gallery 3 little queen street | email@example.com
– The Chippendale New World Art Prize and its agents will exercise all reasonable due care with artworks submitted, but will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered whatsoever to any work while in transit or under its control.
– All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist.
– A non-refundable fee of $30.00 must be paid with the entry form
– All personal details provided by participants will be used only for the purpose of processing their application, keeping records, and establishing their identity. Access to the information is restricted to authorised individuals only.
Exhibition Selection and Interpretation:
– The Judges’ decision will be final and no subsequent discussion or appeal will be entered into or considered.
Prize terms and conditions:
The winner of the Chippendale New World Art Prize will be awarded residency valued at $10,000.
The winner must be available to take up the residency for the entire period of July – September 2014.
The entire amount of the $10,000 residency grant is solely provided to fund the residency; this includes airfares, rent, materials and transport.